DIPLOMA IN JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES
The course aims at offering the necessary skills and knowledge in both electronic and print media and enhance effective communications and corporate relations. It is a 2 Year course.
• Graduates of diploma in Journalism and Media Studies are expected to work as journalists in any print/electronic media house/freelance writers & photographers and in any organization in communication and corporate relations departments.
They should be able to: -
• Carry out research
• Communicate effectively
• Analyze data
• Gather and disseminate information
• Translate texts
• Do photography/video
• Broadcast Journalism (practical project)
• Newspaper Reporting
• Feature Writing
• Sub-Editing and Translation
• Media Law and Ethics
• Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising (MPRA)
• Basic Computing.
(a) A candidate must have obtained a mean grade of C- (Minus) in the 8-4-4 system of education or its equivalent with a minimum of C- (Minus) in Both English and Kiswahili.
(b) Those with a certificate from Eldoret Aviation Training Institute or any other recognized institution on the same course.
(c) Those with experience from a recognized media stations and have slightly lower grades will be considered.
Achievements at the End of the Course
• Institute’s Course completion Certificate ( Diploma)
• ICM (UK) Diploma.
2 years 6 semesters (1 semester = 3 months) at least 15 hours per week.
Attachment placements are available and limited to students who uphold exemplary performance, high level of discipline and are forward looking. This will provide them with the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge, and skills learnt in class and give them the opportunity to gain hands-on experience at the same time exposing them to the world of work and responsibility. The Institute facilitates for attachment slots for all students and ensures that all are assessed.
Possible Career Titles
Successful graduates can work as journalists, editors, scriptwriters, translators, and News Director, newscaster, News writers, television presenters, continuity announcers, talk-show hosts, disc jockeys, film/tape librarian, advertising sale executive, Public Relation Officers.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY